I see a wide variety of patients in my practice. Men, women, young, old. But many people who find themselves in my office are there because they’re in pain. But chiropractic isn’t just about treating pain, so I often get asked the following question: “Why do kids need chiropractic care? They aren’t in pain.”
The question I should ask them is, “why not? Chiropractic is not about pain, rather it is about the optimal expression of life.” What does that mean? A body that functions at it’s very best (ability to heal better, sleep better, breath better, digest better, etc..). Remember the human body is designed to be healthy and adaptable. However sometimes there is just too much stress that can affect our ability to be healthy and adaptable to our environment. Often times this overwhelming stress affects our spine and more importantly will affect our central nervous system (brain and spinal cord), which is the master control system in the body. We want your nerve supply to be close to 100% and with no interference to allow for optimal expression of life. So do kids need chiropractic? The answer is yes: they can benefit in many ways.
What does this mean for kids?
Issues such as colic, chronic ear infections, headaches, digestive issues, bed wetting, etc… can result from stress on one’s nervous system. Misalignments in the spine (aka vertebral subluxations) will have a negative effect on a child’s overall health and well being. The nerve system controls and coordinates the function of all the systems in the body: circulatory, respiratory, digestive, hormonal, eliminative and immune system. Any aspect of health may be impaired by nerve interference. Another way to look at our bodies is to relate it to a car, just because you have a brand new car does not mean that it does not need some level of check ups and maintenance. That is why it is important for kids to see a chiropractor as well. It is about prevention and optimal function. Chiropractic care for pediatrics is extremely gentle, safe and effective. Did you know many spinal issues people have as an adult begin as early as birth? Can you imagine how your life would be if your parents had taken you to the chiropractor as a child?
10 reasons parents take their children to see a chiropractor:
1) To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
2) To support “first-class” nerve communication throughout the body to promoting health and well being.
3) To help strengthen their child’s immunity – encouraging fewer colds, ear-aches and general illness.
4) To help resolve breastfeeding issues and colic.
5) To reduce the detrimental impact our modern world has on our children’s health.
6) Encourages children to thrive by supporting digestive strength.
7) To diminish nerve interference which may impact their child’s capacity to learn and concentrate.
8) To promote body balance – helping to resolve poor posture, asthma, allergies and bed-wetting..
9) To help kids stay fun and light hearted.
10) To help kids stay in tip-top shape.
List Source: here
Don’t leave your children at home developing the same problems you have today! Call (619) 758-5820 for an appointment, leave me a comment here, or visit our Facebook page.